Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
ABOUT THE SIMULATOR
The Life/form® Child Airway Management Trainer is the most realistic simulator available for the training of intubation skills. Nasco has taken great care to create an airway management trainer that is anatomically correct in respect to both size and detail.
Landmarks include nostrils, teeth, tongue, oral and nasal pharynx, larynx, epiglottis, arytenoids, false and true vocal cords, cricoid ring, tracheal rings, trachea, esophagus, lungs, and stomach.
The Life/form® Child Airway Management Trainer allows you to practice oral, digital, and nasal intubation. Suction techniques can also be performed and evaluated. The simulator was designed to use an uncuffed endotracheal tube measuring up to 5.0 mm I.D.
LIST OF COMPONENTS
- Child Airway Management Trainer Head with Lungs and Stomach
- Mounting Board
- 8-oz. Pump Spray Lubricant
- Case (Not Pictured)
Before using the Life/form® Child Airway Management Trainer, lubricate both the tube and airway with the Nasco lubricant provided.
Note: Nasco recommends the use of the provided lubricant or a similar vegetable-based lubricant for the Child Airway Management Trainer. The use of a silicone-based or similar lubricant may cause damage to the simulator, thus voiding Nasco’s warranty on the trainer.
CLEANING THE FACE
Normal soil can be removed from the face of the trainer with mild soapy water. Nasco Cleaner (LF09919U) will remove stubborn stains. Simply apply Nasco Cleaner to the soiled area and wipe clean with a soft cloth or paper towel.
Never place the trainer on any kind of printed paper or plastic. These materials will transfer indelible stains. Ballpoint pens will also make indelible stains. Do not use any cosmetics.
REMOVING THE CHILD AIRWAY MANAGEMENT TRAINER HEAD FROM THE MOUNTING BOARD
- Remove the lungs and stomach from the trainer by loosening the clamps that hold them in place. The clamps are loosened by twisting each side of the clamp in opposite directions.
- Now turn the head until the keys on the neck align with the slots in the mounting bracket and slide out.
- To replace the head on the mounting board, simply reverse the previous two steps.
STORAGE OF YOUR SIMULATOR
It is vital that the packing foam is retained for correct storage of your simulator. The unit must be stored as you received it to avoid damaging the simulator. Follow these steps when placing the simulator in the case for storage or transport.
- Place the board in the case so that the wide end of the board is positioned under the two cleats inside the case.
- Making sure the head is in the mounting bracket, turn the head 90° to its left so that it is facing the hinged side of the case.
- Place the foam block into position over the neck, just below the chin, so that the round hole is up.
- The case can now be closed. Your trainer will be protected from excessive movement within the case.
LF03644U – Pump Spray Lubricant
LF03627U – Replacement Lungs Set
LF03628U – Replacement Stomach
LF03631U – Replacement Headskin with Airway
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.