About the Simulator
Designed to be used with the Life/form® Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), the Specialized Examination Modules target delicate, yet necessary, training scenarios for female examination. The Pre-Puberty Module represents a pre-pubertal 6- to 10-year-old with an intact hymen.
List of Components
- Pre-Puberty Genital Pad #5
The Pre-Puberty genital pad may be used with any pelvic organ block: normal (#1) included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), STD (#2) included with Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Module [LF01244(A)U], or Post-Menopause (#3) Module [LF01244(B)U].
- Remove the products from shipping container and packaging. Reserve any packaging for future storage use.
- Place the pelvic organ block into the torso, making sure it is locked in place beneath the pubic bone. (See Figure 1.) Note: See Special Features section related to use of the bladder before moving forward.
- Select a uterus/cervix piece and attach the ovaries. (See Figure 2.)
FIGURE 1 (left side), FIGURE 2 (right side)
- Insert the uterus/cervix with ovaries into the cavity of the pelvic organ block. (See Figure 3.)
- Fasten the genital pad onto the torso, folding the top edge over the pubic bone. (See Figures 4 & 5.)
FIGURE 4 (left side), FIGURE 5 (right side)
- Place the gel pad into the abdominal cavity covering the ovaries, not the uterus. (See Figure 6.)
- Place the abdominal pad on top of the gel pad and attach the abdominal skin to the sides of the torso.
- The torso is ready for practice. Remember to always thoroughly lubricate anything that will be put into the introitus or vaginal vault. Failure to do so will damage the simulator and void your warranty. Use of the included lubricant with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), as well as water-based lubricating jelly, is recommended by Nasco.
- Patent Urethra: The patent urethra will accept a Foley catheter, 16 FR or smaller. The catheter may be inflated; the bladder is designed to simulate a full bladder, not to hold fluid.
- Bladder: The bladder insert, included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), may be used to simulate a full bladder. Place the bladder insert into the Pelvic Organ Block as desired for training scenarios during the initial steps of set up.
- Prolapse: The double-ended pelvic organ prolapse insert included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), may be positioned anywhere within the vagina. Lubricate the insert before placement.
Care and Maintenance
- Always lubricate any object that will be placed into the introitus or vaginal vault. Use the supplied lubricant included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U) or water-based lubricating jelly.
- All components may be washed in warm soapy water when soiled.
- Components should be removed from the torso and packed separately if the simulator will be transported or stored for a prolonged period of time.
- Use a small/medium vaginal speculum. The unopened speculum should fit comfortably into the introitus. Using equipment that is too large will damage the simulator, voiding your warranty. Lubricate before each use.
- Never insert anything sharp, including fingernails, into the simulator.
- Simulated blood included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U) will stain skin and fabric – handle with care!
- Simulated blood, moulage, makeup, dyes, markers, inks, and printed materials may leave indelible stains on the simulator. If you wish to include any unsupplied materials in your simulation, always test them on an inconspicuous area and clean promptly.
- Do not use this trainer to simulate birth.
Tips and Tricks
- A light dusting of baby powder, included with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U), will make the genital pad and abdominal skin feel more realistic.
- A little soapy water in the vaginal vault will mimic natural moisture for a more realistic effect.
- A second abdominal pad (purchased separately) in the abdominal cavity may be used to simulate an overweight patient.
- Makeup has been supplied with the Advanced Pelvic Examination and Gynecological Simulator (LF01235U). This may be applied to simulate various conditions of the cervix, vagina, and external genital area. Experiment to get the effects you want. Always remove makeup promptly to prevent permanent stains. Remove as much as possible with paper towels or tissues, then wash the components in warm water and detergent. Mineral oil or Nasco Cleaner on a soft cloth should remove any remaining color. Leaving the makeup on longer increases the likelihood of staining. Red colors are more difficult to remove.
- Other materials or certain foods such as cottage cheese, yogurt, gelatin, or baby food, may also be used to simulate common conditions and diseases of the female reproductive tract. Check products containing dyes on an inconspicuous area of the torso to test for staining. Always disassemble the components afterward and wash thoroughly with warm soapy water, especially if using perishable products. Rinse well and dry before storage. Nasco cannot be responsible for damage to the simulator resulting from the use of unauthorized materials.
LF03774U – Methyl Cellulose
LF00985U – Lubricant
LF09919U – Nasco Cleaner
LF00760U – Injury Shades Makeup Wheel
LF00761U – Primary Colors Makeup Wheel
LF01244(A)U – Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Module
LF01244(B)U – Post-Menopause Module
LF01244(C)U – Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (S.A.N.E.) Module
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.