USING THE MODEL
- Use this model to practice sterile technique and proper cleansing procedures before, during, and after insertion.
- The model will accept any catheter size 16 or smaller.
- Be sure the balloon on the catheter is fully deflated before insertion or removal. Always lubricate the catheter thoroughly before each insertion.
- Spread the labia, locate the urethral meatus between the clitoris and vagina, and gently insert the catheter until it is positioned within the bladder (about 7.5 cm). Proper insertion in a live patient is evidenced by a flow of urine through the tube.
CARING FOR THE MODEL
- The model may be washed in mild soap and water if it becomes soiled.
- Always store it in the plastic bag when not in use.
- Printed material or ballpoint pens will transfer indelible stains to the model. Certain finishes may also be damaged from prolonged contact with the model.
- Pelvic Bone
- Urethral Sphincter Muscle
- Urethral Meatus
- Labium Minora
- Labium Majora
- Pelvic Diaphragm
LF01127U – 16 FR Foley Catheter
LF01128U – 16 FR Foley Catheter, 10-pack
LF00985U – Lubricant Kit, 2 oz. bottles, 6-pack
Actual product may vary slightly from photo. Nasco reserves the right to change product color, materials, supplies, or function as needed.