DEPARTMENT: Contract Sales Department
- Bid Numbering - Assign Nasco catalog numbers to customer line item bids and pricing requests, when necessary cross reference competitors’ catalog part numbers.
- Detail bids - Accurately complete line item bids based on preset discount guidelines with a careful review of contractual obligations and related forms so that they may be submitted in a timely manner.
- Familiarity with category areas assigned.
- Identify items recurring on bids that are not carried by Nasco and communicate to Directors responsible for merchandising.
- Contact buyers for special pricing requests when necessary on large quantity bids and share bid recap data to assist buyers with vendor negotiations on items we are not competitive with.
- Enter all terms and details accurately on the computer for each quote.
- Pricing Requests - complete quote requests for Customers based on preset guidelines and discounts. May include shipping calculations when determining price.
- Loading of competitor pricing information and cross indexing Nasco Part numbers in the competitor catalog part number files and competitive analysis program.
- Assist with completion of the annual blanket quote update.
- Cross train in other areas as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to accurately type 30-35 wpm.
- Must have the ability to work with stringent deadlines.
- Must have the ability to use a computer/proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work with people and have good customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have above average math skills.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program