Phone Sales Representative (11:30 AM – 8:00 PM)
DEPARTMENT: Phone Sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the customer with general ordering information; product information, special requests, credit terms, pricing, stock checks, shipping information, shipping charges, web navigation, and delivery time.
- Take orders over the phone and enter directly onto the computer using the phone center computer programs.
- Follow-up with customers in a timely manner when further ordering information is needed to finish processing their order.
- Continually review the products available, product updates, and changes with the products offered in the Nasco catalogs and website.
- Assist dealers and distributors with orders and product information to ensure they receive their special pricing.
- Responsible for the timely handling of claims for prompt payment.
- Assist customers with special orders, contact vendors for pricing, terms, and availability on all special orders.
- Assist with web registrations and web edit processing.
- Assist with other projects/duties in between calls as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Must be able to accurately type 30-35 WPM the have the ability to use various software programs.
- Must be able to work with people in a team and on an individual basis.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Must have good listening skills.
- Must have good spelling skills.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Hourly — Non-Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company and being a part of our team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: humanresou[email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program