Materials Manager — Healthcare
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish guidelines for maintaining an appropriate inventory level.
- Manage and expedite incoming raw materials.
- Supervision and training of departmental staff.
- Plan purchases and schedule delivery dates.
- Work with Production and Warehouse Managers, and cycle counting personnel to assure accurate inventory counts and balances.
- Coordinating/Managing returns and/or credits and obtaining RMA’s for pricing discrepancies or damaged or wrong parts.
- Write and update policies and procedures for purchasing/inventory department.
- Write objectives for Business Plan, meet objectives and provide Resume of Performance.
- Ensure vendor controls are in place and in compliance with all company regulations and requirements.
- Review obsolete items and eliminate as required.
- Approve vendor invoices for payment.
- Sourcing and Purchasing of Inventory Materials
- Source items for purchase, when required through MAPICS, MRP procedure.
- Prepare requests for quote; negotiate required quality, favorable pricing, discounts, allowances and lead times.
- Purchase products by creating and authorizing purchase orders.
- Keep spreadsheet of all cost savings by quarter.
- Procure and maintain inventory levels required to fulfill production schedule.
- Research product costs, maintain price and quote information, set standard costs for purchased inventory items yearly, in accordance with requirements of Controller.
- Negotiate with vendors
- Seek ways to control and lower costs, working with key vendors, negotiate long term contracts.
- Pursue ways to cut costs and maintain quality by working with Quality Control, Research & Development, Engineering and Production departments.
- Professionally represent Limuloids at vendor meetings.
- Follow purchasing standards:
- Follow Nasco ethics, quality, safety and all company policies.
- Closely adhere to ISO 9001, OSHA and APICS standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and minimum years of experience purchasing materials, products and equipment (or equivalent experience and knowledge) required.
- Minimum 2 years proven leadership and mentoring/team building experience.
- APICS Certification or progression towards is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems, raw materials and bills of material.
- Knowledge of business, finance and standard cost system.
- Working knowledge of MRP processes.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Salaried — Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company and being a part of our team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program