Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Maintenance (2 Positions)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the fork lifts and pallet jacks.
- Repair and maintain all plumbing throughout the Nasco facilities.
- Responsible for HVAC maintenance — filters, cleaning, etc.
- Complete all light construction as needed in the Warehouse and Office areas.
- Move position, level, and anchor machinery and shelving as needed.
- Inspect and bleed compressors daily.
- Install, clean and/or replace air, water piping and valves and related equipment.
- Make minor electrical repairs; replace lights and ballasts as needed.
- Make general repairs to all types of machinery, equipment and tools.
- Replace or install filters on all equipment as needed.
- Maintain good records for preventative maintenance history.
- Complete all other duties as assigned and utilizing safe work habits.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and mechanical procedures necessary for job accomplishments in all fields.
- Must have knowledge of operating procedures of equipment used in maintenance; repair and installation of all Nasco’s properties as outlined under Representative Duties. This includes the use of a cutting torch, welding equipment, and construction tools/equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in writing and verbally with vendors, peers, and management.
- Must able to safely drive a lift truck, high lift, and all other designated equipment needed to perform job duties. Must pass Nasco’s required testing for fork lifts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for operating various company vehicles.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Hourly — Non-Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company as part of our Maintenance Team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program