Live Technician I
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain personal time log neatly and accurately.
- Must be familiar with locations of all shipping containers and packing materials needed for live material.
- Must be familiar with location of raw materials needed to make foods and media for live material.
- Must be able to assist in the cleaning, feeding, and general maintenance of live plants and animals.
- Must be able to accurately pick, count, and effectively package all live material according to guidelines set by higher level technicians.
- Must be able to assist in unitizing all sets, kits, and medias produced by Live Department.
- Must be familiar with safety procedures and use of safety equipment.
- Must keep area clean and orderly.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must pass Nasco pre-employment physical exam.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to maintain live specimens in a healthy state and possess good animal husbandry sense.
- Must be able to follow directions, be detail oriented, and be organized.
- Must have good math skills and legible handwriting.
- Must be physically able to work on feet for entire shift, at a fast and steady pace.
- Must be able to pack orders for live shipment.
- Must be a self-starter and a cooperative team player.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Hourly — Non-Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company and being a part of our team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program