Customer Service Representative (11:30 AM – 8:00 PM)
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Properly assist customers with questions regarding their order with regard to product that has been damaged, omitted or lost. Replace items if needed. Trace lost shipments.
- Accurately adjust errors in billing through debits and credits to the customer’s account.
- Inform Buyers of problems with our products as revealed by frequent complaints.
- Contact suppliers concerning shipping dates, tracking shipments, defective, damaged or missing items for merchandise our customers already have or should have.
- Issue call tags for shipments being returned to Nasco when necessary.
- Initiate paperwork for making claims for lost or damaged items with shipper.
- Assist with the processing of orders, web order registration, online edit checking, order entry, as needed.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent telephone manners and the ability to work with others in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal. Legible penmanship.
- Must be able to accurately type 30-35 WPM; ability to use a computer.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized.
- Must have knowledge of all department functions.
- Must be physically able to obtain information and products from warehouse.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Hourly — Non-Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company and being a part of our team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program