DEPARTMENT: Accounts Receivable Department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle collection responsibilities for all divisions by contacting customers by phone, fax, email, or written demand, to assist with past due accounts.
- Responsible for making qualified credit decisions and follow-up on all accounts until paid or referred to our collection agency. Analyze the potential for fraud with credit card orders.
- Ensure all paperwork is maintained and proper credits, debits, refunds and adjustments have been made appropriately to accounts.
- Assist with recognizing common items on back orders needed to complete customer orders.
- Check, approve, and release edit copies, check mail, web, and phone orders as requested.
- Contact “BAD DEBT” current or past customers and new accounts for down payment or confirming when required.
- Contact customer on “NSF” checks and “No Match” & “Not Settled” credit cards to resolve payment issues.
- Handle on-line credit checks with the credit bureau.
- Responsible for the resolution of sales tax issues in a timely manner.
- Obtain Proof of Delivery (POD) as needed.
- Maintain customer contact list weekly.
- Assist with deposits and handle all other miscellaneous jobs as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to contact accounts by telephone, fax, email.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal and excellent customer contact skills.
- Must have the ability to accurately type 30-35 WPM.
- Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Nasco’s computer system and software programs.
- Must be able to efficiently navigate the Internet as a research tool.
- Must be able to make qualified decisions with regards to credit.
- Must be able to read and write in English and accurately proofread.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program