DEPARTMENT: Accounts Receivable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle collection responsibilities for all divisions by contacting customers by phone, fax, email, or written demand, to assist with past due accounts.
- Responsible for making qualified credit decisions and follow-up on all accounts until paid or referred to our collection agency. Analyze the potential for fraud with credit card orders.
- Ensure all paperwork is maintained and proper credits, debits, refunds and adjustments have been made appropriately to accounts.
- Assist with recognizing common items on back orders needed to complete customer orders.
- Check, approve, and release edit copies, check mail, web, and phone orders as requested.
- Contact “BAD DEBT” current or past customers and new accounts for down payment or confirming when required.
- Contact customer on “NSF” checks and “No Match” & “Not Settled” credit cards to resolve payment issues.
- Handle on-line credit checks with the credit bureau.
- Responsible for the resolution of sales tax issues in a timely manner.
- Obtain Proof of Delivery (POD) as needed.
- Maintain customer contact list weekly.
- Assist with deposits and handle all other miscellaneous jobs as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to contact accounts by telephone, fax, and email.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, and excellent customer contact skills.
- Must have the ability to accurately type 30–35 WPM.
- Must have excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Nasco’s computer system and software programs.
- Must be able to efficiently navigate the Internet as a research tool.
- Must be able to make qualified decisions with regards to credit.
- Must be able to read and write in English and accurately proofread.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Hourly — Non-Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company as part of our Accounting Team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program