Make sure Nasco Education is on your preferred vendor and bid lists! Send inquiries to: [email protected]
Assistant Category Manager — Science / Elementary Education
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Category Management – Establish and develop short and long-term strategic category plans that meet customers’ needs. Manage product price point to maximize sell-through and profitably obtain budgeted financial objectives. Actively participate as a member of the Nasco Merchandising, Sales & Marketing Team.
- Customer Relations – Facilitate contact with customers through personal visits, phone and written correspondence. Set up visits to build existing relationships, find new product opportunities, and gather market information. Work with the Quote and Kit Departments, and others to support customer needs.
- Category Assortment – Review product sales, catalog and web performance. Assist in identifying, selecting and setting up new products. Support the categorizing and receiving of new product samples and present new products at selection meetings.
- Proprietary Product – Be sensitive to the needs of customers and alert to ideas for new products that could be produced by Nasco Education or our sister companies. Work with Nasco Research and Development Departments as needed. Work with consultants as assigned.
- Marketing Campaigns – Assist in the promotion of products through catalogs, internet, sales tools, print marketing, space advertising, press releases, personal demonstrations and other appropriate means.
- Exhibits – Assist with budgeting, scheduling, and staffing Nasco Education booths at conventions and other events as directed. Be responsible for show products, displays and equipment.
- Inventory – Assist Category Management and Purchasing with projection of inventory needs for categories based on sales projections, and monitor the purchasing of materials so as not to exceed projections. Assist with the return or disposal of discontinued inventory.
- Internal and External Communication – Maintain open communication with external vendors, Nasco Purchasing, Sales and other departments to facilitate daily operations, streamline processes, provide appropriate information and obtain customer/market insights.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the K-12 curriculum, education standards, and courses of study to ensure alignment and quality of new and existing products.
- Other Projects – Participate and manage other projects as assigned. Assist with data analysis projects as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a four-year degree or equivalent experience; classroom experience preferred.
- Must be available for travel for the company; including Saturday and Sunday.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent telephone and computer skills – familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Sales & marketing experience helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
- Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- Travel Requirements are minimal.
- FLSA status: Salaried — Exempt.
Nasco offers an excellent benefit package including paid time off for Vacation, Holiday and Personal days, Flexible Spending Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Bonus Program, and Tuition Reimbursement Program.
If you are interested in joining a well-established and growing mail-order catalog company and being a part of our team, please send a complete resume and your salary requirement to:
Attn: Human Resources
901 Janesville Avenue
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
Email: [email protected]
Nasco is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/female/disability/veteran
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Program